Monday, July 10, 2006

Wind River Range


Today, my youngest son Ted begins a grand 30-day, back country adventure in Wyoming's Wind River Range. I deposited him ( I admit, I got misty-eyed ) with the outdoor professionals from NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School ) in the western Wyoming town of Lander. It is from this outpost that NOLS students travel into the adjacent remote mountain range to learn leadership, mountaineering, horsepacking, and rock climbing skills. The rugged landscape is filled with high granite peaks, mountain lakes ideal for fly fishing, and sub-alpine forests. The abundant high-altitude granite and permanent snow here make it a perfect setting for learning a range of skills. It will be a long 30 days for me, but no doubt an extraordinary experience for Ted. To plan your own adventure, check out our Family Adventure Travel Collection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it never gets easy to let our children go does it???
L, KK